I love a good one pot meal. A) They’re almost always delicious and B) they make cleanup SO EASY! This Taco Chili is one of my ultimate go to’s. We eat this in our house about 3 times a month. My husband likes to request taco soup for Sunday dinner, because he can take leftovers for lunch during the week.
One Pot Taco Chili
- 1 lbs – Lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 – Chopped white onion (To save on dirty dishes, buy pre-chopped onion!)
- 2 cans – Fiesta corn mix
- 2 cans – Fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can – Seasoned black beans
- 1 packet – Taco seasoning
- 1/2 box – Elbow macaroni
- Additional hot sauce/seasoning/toppings of choice
- Brown ground meat and onions together. (Drain grease if needed)
- Once meat is cooked through, add taco sauce/seasoning and simmer for 5 mins or so. (I also add cayenne pepper to taste, but this is optional!)
- Next, add corn and tomatoes straight from the can.
- Drain, rinse and add black beans.
- Add 5 cups of water
- Simmer for 30 mins, simmer for 4 hours. Your choice! The flavor is better the longer you let it cook, but for a quick, week night meal 30 mins will do.
- 8 – 10 mins before you’re ready to eat, add elbow macaroni and additional water if needed.
- Cook pasta to taste.
- Serve with your toppings of choice. I prefer mine with tortilla strips or avocado on top. My husband adds hot sauce and cheese. The options are endless!
This is such an easy one pot meal and keeps well for a few days in the fridge! You really can alter this as you see fit for your family. Use fresh veggies, don’t add the pasta, go crazy with your toppings, etc. It’s so easy to tailor this recipe to your family’s taste. I love the flavors, but love the quick and easy prep/cleanup even more! This works well for my family, and I hope you all like it, too. Let me know if you try this recipe out, and what changes you made to it! I’d love to hear!